HASANZ announce their 2020 Scholarships
Scholarships towards tertiary qualifications in workplace health and safety are presented annually by HASANZ. Applications are welcome from health and safety practitioners who want to develop their career and take their skills to the next level.
There are five categories of scholarship.
- General Scholarships – for practitioners and health and safety representatives who wish to upskill to a diploma or degree.
- Postgraduate Scholarships – for people with degrees who wish to undertake a relevant postgraduate qualification in health and safety. Eligible postgraduate qualifications must be delivered by a university.
- Occupational Hygiene Scholarships – for people who wish to become an occupational hygienist or gain specialist qualifications or further training in this field.
- Applied Research Scholarships – for graduates who wish to further their knowledge through a Master’s by thesis or PhD research in a health and safety-related topic. We welcome Applied Research Scholarship applications from health and safety professionals who are seeking to conduct applied research, as part of their professional development, the findings of which can be utilised by NZ workplaces and businesses, to inform their injury prevention activities and plans. Research proposals should focus on sectors and/or risks where there are high rates of workplace injuries. Please see list of potential applied research topics on this page.
- Poutama Scholarships – for Māori health and safety practitioners who wish to take their skills to the next level.
HASANZ Scholarships include:
- A financial contribution of $5000* each year for up to two years.
- Practical learning and the ability to work on real life issues.
- Mentoring by an industry professional.
*Scholarship value may vary at HASANZ’s discretion. Check out the criteria HERE