terms of business
In these terms and conditions, “we” “us” and “our” refers to Canterbury Safety Charter. Your access to and use of all information on this website including purchase of any product/s or registration for activities is provided subject to the following terms and conditions.
We reserve the right to amend this Notice at any time and your use of the website following any amendments will represent your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions as amended. We therefore recommend that each time you access our website you read these terms and conditions.
All prices and delivery charges on our site are in New Zealand dollars (NZ$) and exclude New Zealand GST (if any). We reserve the right to alter prices and delivery charges for any reason at any time.
Registrations for Activities
- Payment is required on registration for workshops, events or other activities by credit card or must be received via online banking prior to the scheduled date of the activity. A receipted invoice will be sent out for your records following payment. Registrations from the site can be paid for by using: A secure online MasterCard or Visa transaction facility.
- You can be confident that all of your credit card details are protected by the latest security mechanisms and are used only for purposes of the transaction fulfillment or as otherwise authorised by you or permitted by law.
Online payments which can be made to The Canterbury Safety Charter Inc | Westpac #03 0830 0058228 000
- Refunds of paid activities. If you are unable to attend the activity for which you have registered due to work pressure or ill health, please contact us on 027 502 5502 or email email@example.com A full refund can be given, provided cancellation has been received no less than 48 hours prior to the scheduled date of the activity.
- Cancellation by you of paid activities: Cancellations received less than 48 hours prior to the scheduled date will require payment, however substitutions are welcome.
- Cancellation by us of paid activities: We reserve the right to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute presenters and/or vary advertised programmes, events and functions. Should an activity fail to attract a minimum number of participants or attendees, we reserve the right to cancel it. In the event of cancellation, we will refund the entire cost per participant originally charged.
- When you visit our website, we give you a limited licence to access and use our information for personal use.
- You are permitted to download a copy of the information on this website to your computer for your personal use only provided that you do not delete or change any copyright symbol, trade mark or other proprietary notice. Your use of our content in any other way infringes our intellectual property rights.
- Except as permitted under the CopyrightAct 1962, you are not permitted to copy, reproduce, republish, distribute or display any of the information on this website without our prior written permission.
- The licence to access and use the information on our website does not include the right to use any data mining robots or other extraction tools. The licence also does not permit you to metatag or mirror our website without our prior written permission. We reserve the right to serve you with notice if we become aware of your metatag or mirroring of our website.
- This website may from time to time contain hyperlinks to other websites. Such links are provided for convenience only and we take no responsibility for the content and maintenance of or privacy compliance by any linked website. Any hyperlink on our website to another website does not imply our endorsement, support, or sponsorship of the operator of that website nor of the information and/or products which they provide.
- You may link our website with our consent. Any such linking will be entirely your responsibility and at your expense. By linking, you must not alter any of our website’s contents including any intellectual property notices and you must not frame or reformat any of our pages, files, images, text or other materials.
Intellectual Property Rights
The copyright to all content on this website including applets, graphics, images, layouts and text belongs to us or we have a licence to use those materials.
- All trade marks, brands and logos generally identified either with the symbols TM or ® which are used on this website are either owned by us or we have a licence to use them. Your access to our website does not license you to use those marks in any commercial way without our prior written permission.
- Any comment, feedback, idea or suggestion (called “Comments”) which you provide to us through this website becomes our property. If in future we use your Comments in promoting our website or in any other way, we will not be liable for any similarities which may appear from such use. Furthermore, you agree that we are entitled to use your Comments for any commercial or non-commercial purpose without compensation to you or to any other person who has transmitted your Comments.
- If you provide us with Comments, you acknowledge that you are responsible for the content of such material including its legality, originality and copyright.
- Whilst we have taken all due care in providing the information on our website, we do not provide any warranty either express or implied including without limitation warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- To the extent permitted by law, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these terms and conditions is excluded.
- We also take all due care in ensuring that our website is free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse and/or malware, however we are not responsible for any damage to your computer system which arises in connection with your use of our website or any linked website.
- From time to time we may host third party content on our website such as advertisements and endorsements belonging to other traders. Responsibility for the content of such material rests with the owners of that material and we are not responsible for any errors or omissions in such material.
Limitation of Liability
To the full extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of an implied warranty or condition is limited to the supply of the goods and/or services again or payment of the costs of having those goods and/or services supplied again.
We accept no liability for any loss whatsoever including consequential loss suffered by you arising from product/s we have supplied.
By accessing our website, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from all claims, actions, damages, costs and expenses including legal fees arising from or in connection with your use of our website.
If a Force Majeure event causing delay continues for more than thirty (30), we may terminate this Agreement by giving at least seven (7) Notice to you. “Force Majeure” means any act, circumstance or omission over which we could not reasonably have exercised control.
- These terms and conditions are to be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and any claim made by either party against the other which in any way arises out of these terms and conditions will be heard in New Zealand and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of those Courts.
- If any provision in these terms and conditions is invalid under any law the provision will be limited, narrowed, construed or altered as necessary to render it valid but only to the extent necessary to achieve such validity. If necessary the invalid provision will be deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- We undertake to take all due care with any information which you may provide to us when accessing our website. However we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you may provide to us. Information you transmit to us is entirely at your own risk although we undertake to take reasonable steps to preserve such information in a secure manner.
Terms & Conditions for Use of the Safety Charter Member Logo
- The logo may be used to identify your organisation as a Safety Charter member. It may be used on websites, signage, reports, brochures and other publicity or display materials.
- Website links to be only to the Charter Homepage.
- The logo must always be at least check size in height when displaying in print or on screen.
- The logo must be used in its entirety and may not be altered in any way, including proportion, colour, element, type, etc refer Brand Guidelines.
- The logo can be printed in black ink or in its original colours. Altering the colour scheme of the logo is not permitted.
- The logo may not be used to indicate any kind of endorsement by the Charter of a company’s product or service without express permission of the Charter Management.
- The Safety Charter reserves the right to disallow any use of the logo.