In mid-March over 60 health and safety representatives (HSRs) from Charter members took part in a breakfast event focusing on communication skills and conflict resolution.
The event included:
- Real-life scenarios on communication skills and conflict resolution while dealing with health and safety issues from Dougal Holmes, H&S Manager from Maiden Group and Tony Winterton, HSR from Baselevel
- HSRs working through scenarios in groups using role play, helping them demonstrate constructive communication and conflict resolution
- Paula Rose, WorkSafe Board member, providing support for the Charter and the value HSRs bring
- Rob Sloan, Charter Board Chair, and Julie Forde, Charter General Manager, also spoke.
Feedback showed that HSRs appreciated the presence of senior leadership and hearing from them.
We’d like to give a huge thank you to our sponsors for the event – Beca and TriEx.
Proposed second HSR event
If you have HSRs who missed out on the first event and you would like to send them to the second, please email Libi Carr. We have over 20 HSRs on a waitlist to attend a second event on the same theme – communication skills and conflict resolution. We are keen to reach as many HSR’s as possible.
HSR events for 2018
The March breakfast event was hosted by the Charter HSR Leadership Group. They’ll also host further HSRs events in the year, which are:
- June: Wellness Workshop
- September: Overlapping Duties and Courageous Conversations Workshop
- November: Staying Sane through the holiday season Workshop