We have produced two Charter videos for you to share with staff, clients, and through your contractor chain. The videos are a reinforcement of all the wonderful reasons we’re involved in the Charter, the most important of which is ensuring we all get home safely at the end of every day.
We’re looking out for each other
Together we’ll rebuild Canterbury safely
View videos of Charter events
- July – Annual Report by the Charter Chair, New Charter signatories, Introduction of the new lite assessment tool and address by the Hon Ian Lees-Galloway, Minister for Workplace Relations including awarding the latest Charter Safety Champions.
- April – Charter update and new signatories, Mental wellness: Donald Pettitt, Chief Executive Officer, Canterbury Men’s Centre.
- November – Charter launches as an Incorporated Society; Evaluation of WorkSafe’s Canterbury Rebuild Programme; Jo Pugh, WorkSafe; Members Pecha Kucha session
- July – Managing critical risks: Nicole Rosie, CE, WorkSafe; Worker engagement: Richard Wagstaff, President, CTU – July 2017
- March – Safety II – a new approach to leading health and safety: Jono Brent, Connetics; Celebrating Women in Construction: Libi Carr, Charter Officer
- August – Worker engagement – keeping it simple: Marianne Archer, Goodmans; Men at Work success story: Dean Hyde and Shaun Maxwell
- June – Impairment in construction through alcohol and other drugs: Prof Ann Roche, Flinders University; Reducing harm in NZ workplaces: Jo Pugh, WorkSafe and Craig Smith, ACC
- March – Where the rebuild is heading: Ross Butler, Otakaro Ltd; How the new legislation will be implemented: Jo Pugh, WorkSafe
- December – The importance of health and safety to CCC and its contractors: Lianne Dalziel, Mayor of Christchurch; Alcohol and other drugs: Michelle Fowler, MHERC
- October – Lessons from London 2012 and Beyond: Lawrence Waterman
- August – Forestry safety review – lessons learnt: George Adams; Growing your business safely: Craig Jones; Corbel Jones
- June – The changing H&S landscape: Andrew Shaw, Lane Neave; Contractor safety with the new H&S legislation: Roxanne Kitchener, OPTUS
- March – Safety & Leadership: Cos Bruyn, Downer NZ
- December – WorkSafe – a year on: Gordon MacDonald, CE, WorkSafe; Safety & Gender in Construction: Dr Dean Laplonge
- November – Critical risk management workshop
- A new Act is coming, what you can expect: Andrew Shaw, Lane Neave
- Hazard v risk management: Dave Bellett, WorkSafe
- Risk management 101: Jim Knowles
- Critical risk management on site: Rob Sloan, Jennian Homes