Workplace violence applies to any incident in which employees and others are abused, threatened or assaulted in circumstances arising out of, or in the course of, their work. This can also involve external sources, such as members of the public or clients.
The recommended approached to managing violence is to eliminate the opportunity for hazardous behavior to occur. Follow these I AM safe steps to minimize the threat of violence in your workplace.
Step 1: IDENTIFY where violence could happen
Step 2: AVOID abuse
Step 3: MANAGE worker well-being
For more information see the toolbox talk and other links below
Bullying prevention toolbox
Preventing and responding to bullying at work.
Go to the toolbox homepage →
- Download the Bullying at work: Advice for workers quick guide [PDF 603KB]
- Download the Preventing and responding to bullying at work: Advice for small businesses quick guide [PDF 543KB]
- Download the sample Bullying: Formal complaint form – Word version [DOCX 30KB]
- Download the sample Bullying: Formal complaint form – PDF version [PDF 29KB]
- Download the sample Bullying: Informal reporting form – Word version [DOCX 18KB]
- Download the sample Bullying: Informal reporting form – PDF version [PDF 26KB]
- Download the Workplace assessment form [PDF 110KB]